“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” (Psalm 34:18)
The image of heartbreak describing the devastating emotional pain of a broken relationship transcends culture and is expressed in the same way in almost every language. We feel the pain of grief, and separation deeply at the core of our soul. Ofter accompanied bybetrayal. It feels as if our heart really is breaking – because of course, it really is.
The right word at the right time can help us when we need comfort in our suffering. Here are 11 additional Bible verses with words that have the power to give that comfort.
1. (Job 5:11) “The lowly he sets on high, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.”
2. (Psalm 27:13-14) “I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”
3. (Isaiah 41:10) “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.”
4. (John 16:33) “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
5. (Romans 8:28) “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose.”
6. (Romans 8: 37-38) “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
7. (Romans 15:13) “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
8. (2 Corinthians 1:3) “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.”
9. (Philippians 4:6) “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.”
10. (Hebrews 13:5) “I will never leave you or forsake you.”
11. (Jeremiah 29:11) “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
God understands this experience because he himself has lived through a broken heart. God has been a lover. Through his love for us, he has endured unfaithfulness and desertion. God understands our loneliness and identifies with us. We can talk to him about this experience and ask him for help at our deepest point of despair – because he’s been there himself!
A prayer for those who have suffered a broken heart.
Heavenly Father, You care deeply for us, I stand firm on Your promise that You are close to the broken-hearted. I pray for all those who are crippled by broken relationships with their children. I pray for those that are experiancing the break-up of a marriage. Or a loss due to death. Our hearts take the blow of disappointment. We feel crushed because our hopes are and dreams become shattered. God, heal our broken hearts. We cannot fix our own wounds. But you can. If pieces of our heart have been lost, or are held captive by another, recover them and bring them back to us and miraculously “put us back together” so that our heart is whole again. You are a mender of broken hearts. I ask for this miracle, in Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you have not asked Jesus into your life and experienced His Amazing Grace. Please Click Here to ask Jesus to be your Lord and savior.
If you are in need of prayer for yourself or others, please Click Here
Scriptural Seeds Ministries