Written by Roy Squyres
Hear what the Holy Spirit of JESUS speaks to our inner being.
“The body of Christians in Derbe and Lystra were strengthen in their trust in Jesus, and souls were won to Christ daily. Now when Paul, Silas, and Timothy had gone through Phrygia and Galatia, they were forbidden by The Holy Spirit of Jesus to speak the Word in Asia (the Roman State). They came into Mysia, and decided to go into Bithynia, but The Spirit did not allow them to go. So they went through Mysia, down to Troas.
In Troas Paul was given a Night Vision. The Holy Spirit showed Paul a man in Macedonia standing and pleading with him saying ‘ Come over to Macedonia and help us.’ Now when Paul saw the Vision, immediately they made plans to go to Macedonia, understanding that The Lord Jesus had directed them to speak the Good News to them.” (Acts 16:5-10 paraphrased)
Paul, Silas, and Timothy had been building up the Body of Christ in Holy Faith, and God was blessing and multiplying Souls to the Church daily. In their mission decisions, they decided to go to the Roman State of Asia. But The Holy Spirit shut the door to their fleshly decisions. They next decided to go to Bithynia, and again The Spirit of Christ would not allow them to go. So they travelled through Mysia into Troas.
The Hidden Truth is we all often make decision that are not necessarily the Lord’s Will for us. And often there is a inner battle of Decision Making between fleshly will and Spiritual Will. Many times we are deceived by making our own plans and not truly seeking God’s Will be done. But God’s Spirit was over-riding their own plans and was directing their steps.
1. Proverbs16:9 “A man’s heart plans his way, but The LORD directs his steps.”
2. Proverbs 19:21 “There are many plans in a man’s heart, nevertheless The LORD’S COUNSEL (Written WORD)—that will stand.
3. Proverbs 20:24 “A man’s steps are of The LORD; how then can a man understand his own ways.”
4. Jeremiah 10:23 Jeremiah cried out to the LORD, ” O LORD, I know the way (steps-decisions) of a man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.”
5. Hebrews 6:9-20 Encouragement to grow into Maturity, “Beloved We are confident of better things concerning you that accompany Salvation, for GOD is not unjust to forget your work of love toward His Name, you have ministered to the saints, and We desire you to show all diligence and the full assurance of hope until the end,—that you imitate those through Faith and Patience who inherit God’s Promises—because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself saying, ‘Surely blessing I Will bless you, and multiplying I Will multiply you.’ Thus God shows more abundantly that His Promises are unchangeable in His Word Counsel, and Purpose, Guaranteeing it by His Own Oath, that you have strong consolation and hope, for it is impossible for God to lie. Your Hope is the anchor of your soul, truly fixed, and allows you to enter the very PRESENCE of God by The Lord Jesus Himself, our High Priest forever.”
I am sure Paul, Silas, and others at this point fasted and prayed for they understood that God’s true fast and prayer is to separate the flesh to The Spirit of God, not to be seen or heard by others, and the Spirit cleansing them from fleshly bondage
(Please read Isaiah 58:3-12) God’s true Fasting and Praying to separate from self-deceptive choices.
Paul expressed this quiet truth of seeking God’s Will and Guidance in 2 Corinthians 2:12,13, “When I came to Troas,—a Door of opportunity opened to me by The Lord—I had no rest in my spirit.”
I believe they sought The Lord in earnest Prayer and Fasting which the Holy Spirit of God Himself sent a Night Vision to Paul, and showed Paul the purpose and direction in exactly where to go and what to do. God is Faithful and Will Guide and Direct our ways (decisions), to His Honor and Glory, when we “seek Him with all our heart!
He has Promise to guide and direct us, Proverbs3:5,6; “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not trust your own understanding; In all you ways (steps-decision) acknowledge Him—JESUS AND HIS HOLY WORDS—and He will Direct you steps.”
GOD WILL give us Specific Guidance and Direction!
YOU WILL LET HIM—WON’T YOU?
If you are in need of prayer for yourself or others, please Click Here
If you are seeking Jesus in your life or want to recommit your life to Him. Click here to learn more.
Scriptural Seeds Ministries